Testnet v1 Guide
Come join our testnet, but first follow these steps!
To get started with the Ion Protocol testnet, you’ll need to acquire testnet tokens and familiarize yourself with the process of minting $allETH. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
In this guide, we’ll show you how to use a Goerli faucet to load your wallet with testnet ETH and how to obtain Goerli rETH or stETH, so you can start testing our application.
You will need:
- An Ethereum-compatible wallet (e.g., MetaMask)
- Your ETH address
Using a Goerli Faucet
Once you have a Goerli-compatible wallet and a Goerli ETH address, you can use a Goerli faucet to load your wallet with testnet ETH. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in and copy your Goerli ETH address and paste it into the field on the faucet website.
- Complete the captcha or other verification method if required by the faucet.
- Click the “Send me test Ether” button to initiate the transfer.
- Wait for the transfer to complete. The amount of testnet ETH you receive may vary depending on the faucet and the current network conditions.
- Check your Goerli wallet to confirm that the testnet ETH has been added.
Send goETH to the stETH Contract
Once you have goETH in your wallet, you simply send a transaction to the stETH token contract address for the amount of stETH you want to swap:
- 1.Open your wallet
- 2.Click SEND
- 3.Paste: 0x1643E812aE58766192Cf7D2Cf9567dF2C37e9B7F
- 4.On MetaMask, click “I Understand”
- 5.Enter the amount you want to swap & confirm the transaction
- 6.Click NEXT
- 7.Click CONFIRM
- 8.Add 0x1643E812aE58766192Cf7D2Cf9567dF2C37e9B7F to your wallet
Swap Using RocketPool Testnet (Coming soon...)
NOTE: For this release of testnet, rETH will not be enabled, but we do plan to enable it in the near future. These instructions are in anticipation of that.
You can now use this testnet ETH and rETH or stETH to test the features made available by Ion Protocol.
With your testnet tokens in hand, you’re ready to begin exploring the Ion Protocol testnet and mint $allETH. All you have to do is connect your wallet. Then on our dashboard, you can find the different vault options.
Once you select a vault to deposit into, you can click the deposit button which takes you to the vault dashboard. Here you can deposit, withdraw, and reduce debt.
The $allgoerliETH address is: 0x7d88cb48E7F0c97836D5D01F5E20E4fbD8165b14
You should be sure to add this to your wallet so that you can view the tokens you mint.
You can also claim your rewards at any time from the personal dashboard! Head over to the “My Page” tab to find your total collateral deposited total collateral borrowed, your wallet balance and your current positions. The claim button is unique to each staking strategy as we pay out rewards in like kind to the rewards distributed from the underlying collateral position.